Our team wants to create a retirement plan that works for its clients and their employees. Whether it’s designing a new retirement plan or taking over an existing plan, we can help you reach your retirement goals. We’ll take you down a road that maximizes benefits, reduces plan costs, and maintains the direction of the business. View our list of services for defined contribution and defined benefit plans below:
Custom Plan Design & Documentation
Selecting, customizing and implementing a plan can be a complex process. Our professional team will guide you through each step of the process including:
- Review the employer’s related companies.
- Design a plan tailored to the needs of the owners, employees and the business itself.
- If we are taking over a plan already in existence, we will review the existing plan provisions and if needed recommend changes to fully meet the employer’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare plan documents as required by the IRS and DOL.
Administration & Recordkeeping of Defined Contribution Plans
We perform the following services in order to provide for smooth and efficient plan operation:
- Maintain participant vested percentage records.
- Determine eligibility for allocation of employer contributions and forfeitures.
- Allocate employer and employee contributions.
- Allocate plan earnings.
- Allocate forfeitures, if applicable.
- Distribution processing: Calculation of distribution amount, preparation of required distribution notices, release forms and IRS Form 1099-R.
- Loan processing: Set up of loan accounts, preparation of promissory note and amortization schedule and tracking loan repayments.
- Hardship withdrawal processing: Determination of hardship distribution amount and preparation of application forms.
- Reconcile trust accounts.
- Prepare participant statements.
- Monitor participants who are required to receive a Required Minimum Distribution
Annual Compliance Testing & Government Reporting
Our professional team has the knowledge and expertise to help keep your retirement plan in compliance with federal laws and regulations and, should violations occur, we provide you with methods of correction:
- Contribution deductibility calculations (§404).
- Annual additions testing (§415).
- Top heavy testing (§416).
- Coverage testing (§410(b)).
- ADP/ACP testing (applicable to 401(k) plans).
- Preparation of IRS Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Preparation of Summary Annual Report for participants.
- Plan amendments, terminations, & mergers.
- Assist with IRS and DOL audits.
- Provide assistance with plan design changes.
- Conduct special plan or participant benefit studies or projections
- Defined Benefit Plan design and administration
Defined Benefit Plan Design and Administration
- Consulting on the best plan design.
- Preparation of illustrations for plan design.
- Coordination with the actuary to prepare the proper plan documentation.
- Coverage testing (§410(b)).
- Coordination with the actuary for the preparation of the annual contribution calculation.
- Annual report preparation.
Ready to find out more?
The TriStar team is ready to help you begin your journey on the road to retirement. We will help you navigate the route for a smooth ride to and through retirement.