Allyson oversees the team and daily operations to ensure things are running smoothly. Get to know Allyson! 1. Tell us a little about yourself. My husband and I are empty-nesters with one adorable grandson, two dogs and a very vocal cat. And I have seen or talked to my mom every day since my dad died in 2009.
2. What is your role at TriStar? Office Manager, responsible for billing, getting new plans set up, and anything else that needs to get done. My degree is in English, but I married a CPA, so I secretly think I’m an accountant!
3. What do you enjoy most about your job? The amazing friends I’ve made and the new challenges each day brings.
4. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had? I was the manager of a customer service department of an HMO when HMO’s were fairly new and no one was used to the networks and the need for referrals, etc. No one who called was happy, including both the patients AND the physicians’ offices! My office overlooked Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, and if I had an extremely difficult situation, I would just look out over the lake while I was on the phone. The water helped me remain calm and focused on resolving the issue.
5. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work? My husband and I go to Lake Texoma almost every weekend, year round. We take the dogs with us, and we always have (even when we had four at one time!).
6. What is one thing you couldn’t live without? I’ve lived long enough to know there’s nothing you can’t live without. You just have to adapt!
7. What is your least favorite food? I can’t stand bananas. Or watermelon.
8. What is your favorite movie or quote? “No good deed goes unpunished,” from Wicked is one of my favorite quotes. I’ve seen Gone with the Wind and The Sound of Music a million times each.